Tuesday 4 November 2014

Mail bag



On the weekend I finished a new quilt. I can't show it here yet, as it is a present for our new niece or nephew who will be born in December, when we are in Holland! So exciting. As usual after finishing a quilt I felt like making a small item, so I made this bag.



It is the Alice Book Bag by Betz White - one of the patterns I won in her Sew-Long Summer Sew-along. I used this gorgeous fabric that a dear friend gave me the last time we were in the Netherlands, and lined it with a red polka dot fabric.



I changed the pattern a bit - I didn't use grommets for the strap and put the exterior pocket on the front instead of the back.



It was a quick and easy make - Betz' patterns are well written and easy to follow. Now I want to make a similar but larger bag with the Dutch post bag that my best friend gave me, so stay tuned!

No comments: