Monday 14 August 2017

Straightforward mitts and more



My husband asked if I could make some fingerless gloves for him, so last week I spent most of my free time on this pair, so he could wear them before winter ends here!



I used Scheepjes Stonewashed yarn (cotton/acrylic) that was gifted to me in the Netherlands, and a free Ravelry pattern by Mone Drager: Straightforward Mitts. The pattern is well written, easy to follow, and I love the effect of the twisted rib!



I've also done a bit of crochet, to keep up my newfound skills:



Spotlight had a yarn sale, so I stocked up on cotton in sea colours - I'm planning to make something like this baby blanket (might be a bit ambitious...)



I've also bought a large crochet hook and dug up my t-shirt yarn:



This could become a bathroom mat... I'm enjoying making it, and actually finding it very useful, because the thick yarn makes it easy to see how the stitches are formed.
To be continued!

No comments: