Monday 29 January 2018

Settling in



Today it's three weeks since we moved into our new house, and we are well and truly settling in. All the boxes are unpacked and the quilts are up on the walls and the beds.



 A visit to Ikea resulted in a beautiful new dining table and a set of chairs. My skinny men complained about the hard seats, so I promised to make some covers. In my stash I found this lovely fabric (from Ikea as well) that I used in 2015 to make a messenger bag. There was just enough for five covers.



Our living room has stone tiles on the floor, and although it is summer and really hot, I do get cold feet if I sit still for a while, so I whipped up a pair of crocheted slippers (free pattern found here).



While unpacking I found this patchwork cushion that I made on a quilting retreat in 2014. Seeing it next to the Sea Colours blanket I crocheted last year made me realise how similar they are!



Our new family member Barney continues to be a delight. Here is another pic of him - taken on the beach on Saturday.



Still thinking about a Barney quilt...

No comments: